It's been a little while since the last release and I have been hard at work at improving the general experience flying GEFS. As the number of users and the complexity of the planes grow, I had to spend some time doing optimization to make sure things keep running smooth. Here is a list of changes in this new version.
- more realistic flight model based on thin airfoil theory (aka. lifting-line theory)
- adjusted all aircraft configuration for a more realistic behavior
- introduction of the "time slider" to set time of the day (enable it from the Weather Option panel)
- added Airbus A380
- added Sukhoi Su-35
- added attitude indicator
- multiplayer has been rewritten (performance)
- 3D scene-graph has been rewritten (performance)
- new hosting
- new default airport: LAX
- bug fixes
Have a nice flight!